If you’re thinking of moving to Enfield in North London, here’s our essential guide to the area.
We are a removal company based in north London offering removals van hire services.
If you are moving to Enfield, please ask for a quote for your furniture removal. And if you only need to move a small amount of possessions, say to a bedsit, ask about our Man With A Van services.
There are over a hundred schools in the London Enfield area. Use the gov.uk website to check performance.
London Borough of Enfield local government and health
- Visit the Enfield Council website to find out more about local services, Council Tax etc.
- For information about GP surgeries, hospitals, urgent care and dentists in Enfield, visit the NHS Choices website.
Public Transport in and around Enfield
- Roads – Enfield is bordered on three sides by major roads – the M25, the A10 and the North Circular.
- Parking – For details of public car parks across the Borough of Enfield, check the Council’s website.
- Trains – Trains to London Liverpool Street run from Enfield Town Station and Bush Hill Station. Trains to Moorgate and London King’s Cross and Hertford North stations run from Enfield Chase. Trains to London Liverpool Street and Cheshunt run from Southbury and Turkey Street stations.
- Buses – There are frequent buses into central London, and the N29 nightbus runs from Trafalgar Square to Enfield. Check the Transport For London website for more details.
- Airports – Stansted Airport is around 30 miles away and easily accessible by road via the M25 and M11. London City Airport is less than 20 miles away, accessible by road via the North Circular.
Enfield Shopping Centres
The main shopping centre is the Palace Gardens in Enfield town which has high street stores and restaurants, as well as a Champneys Spa. The nearest station is Enfield Town.
Opposite the Palace Gardens is the market place where Enfield Market is held every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
What to do at the weekend in Enfield?
- Theatre – If you enjoy live theatre, visit the Dugdale Theatre in Enfield Town, or the Millfield Theatre in Edmonton.
- Museums – Learn more about local life at the Enfield Museum in the Dugdale Centre, or classic cars and motorbikes at the Whitewebbs Museum of Transport.
- Historic houses – Forty Hall is one of England’s finest historic houses which is set in nearly 300 acres of landscaped parklands.
- Open air – there are a number of parks to enjoy in Enfield, with the largest, Town Park, within easy reach of Enfield Town centre. If you want to get even closer to nature, there are over 400 acres of meadows, lakes and ancient woodland at Trent Country Park which also houses a Go Ape adventure centre.
- Formal gardens – To the north of the borough is the beautiful Capel Manor Gardens. Capel Manor is principally a horticultural college, but the gardens are open to the public and well worth a visit. Or for exotic plants, visit the recently restored Myddelton House; the visitor centre also houses a museum to the garden’s creator, Edward Augustus Bowles.